Why GMOs Are Bad For Your Health
There are a multitude of credible scientific studies that clearly demonstrate why GMOs should not be consumed, and more are emerging every year. There are also a number of scientists all around the world who oppose them.
Here are some reasons Why GMOs Are Bad For Your Health:
- The health consequences of eating genetically modified organisms are largely unknown. Genetically engineered foods have not been shown to be safe to eat and may have unpredictable consequences.
- Food items that contain GMOs are unlabeled in America and Canada so avoiding them can be challenging. The European Union has banned GMOs, as have Japan, Australia, the UK and two dozen other countries that recognize that a lack of long term studies and testing may be hiding disastrous health defects.
- Genetic engineering reduces genetic diversity. When genes are more diverse, they are more robust; this is why a pure bred dog tends to have greater health problems than the dear old mutt.
- GMOs increase toxic herbicide use. Most GM crops are engineered to be “herbicide tolerant”― they deadly weed killer. Monsanto, for example, sells Roundup Ready crops, designed to survive applications of their Roundup herbicide.
- Between 1996 and 2008, US farmers sprayed an extra 383 million pounds of herbicide on GMOs. Overuse of Roundup results in “superweeds,” resistant to the herbicide. This is causing farmers to use even more toxic herbicides every year. GM foods contain higher residues of toxic herbicides.
- Genetic engineering creates dangerous side effects. The very process of creating a GM plant can result in massive collateral damage that produces new toxins, allergens, carcinogens, and nutritional deficiencies.
- Government oversight is dangerously lax. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t require a single safety study, does not mandate labeling of GMOs, and allows companies to put their GM foods onto the market without even notifying the agency.
- GMOs environment create environmental harm. GM crops and their associated herbicides can harm insects, birds, amphibians, marine ecosystems, and soil organisms. They reduce bio-diversity, pollute water resources, and are unsustainable.
- GM crops do not contribute to feeding a hungry world. Whereas sustainable non-GMO agricultural methods used in developing countries have conclusively resulted in yield increases of 79% and higher, GMOs do not, on average, increase yields at all. This was evident in the Union of Concerned Scientists’ 2009 report Failure to Yield―the definitive study to date on GM crops and yield.
- By avoiding GMOs, you contribute to the coming tipping point of consumer rejection, forcing them out of our food supply.
Because GMOs give no consumer benefits, if even a small percentage of us start rejecting brands that contain them, GM ingredients will become a marketing liability. Food companies will kick them out. In Europe, for example, the tipping point was achieved in 1999.
The key is to educate consumers about the documented health dangers and provide a Non-GMO Shopping Guide to make avoiding GMOs much easier.
The bottom line is that GMOs have not been proven in any way to be safe, and most of the studies are actually leaning the other direction, which is why many of the world’s countries have banned these items.Transform the way your body looks and feels with Garcinia Cambogia! Try this scientifically proven safe and effective for losing weight without exercise and diet! Garcinia Cambogia Extract, the fastest way to lose weight!