Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes
Nutritious cupcakes for dinner? You know it! Guaranteed fun for the whole family, this recipe stuffs muffin cups with a fluffy turkey meatloaf and tops each with mashed potato icing.
Our mouthwatering Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes incorporate a delicious jumble of whole wheat bread crumbs, savory sauces, and flavorful herbs with lean, protein-packed turkey.
Unlike conventional mashed potato recipes, this one opts for lighter ingredients like low-fat milk. Pop the cupcakes in the fridge overnight and pack the satisfying delights for tomorrow’s lunch.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, homemade or store bought
- 1/4 cup ketchup, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup grated onion (on the large holes of a box/cheese grater)
- 1 cup grated carrots (grate on large holes of a cheese/box grater)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk or other milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 cups of a muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain. Mash potatoes with olive oil, salt, and milk.
- Meanwhile, mix meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Hands may be used.
- Divide meatloaf evenly into 12 muffin cups, 3/4 of the way full, pressing the meat in.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through. The inside should read 165 degrees when pierced with a meat thermometer.
- Cool muffins for about 4 to 5 minutes, remove from tin, and spread each evenly with mashed potatoes, lifting spatula to create peaks if desired. Enjoy!