Slow Cooker Thick & Chunky Beef Stew
With only the richest of piquant flavors, this Crockpot Beef Stew will make you feel like the queen at a medieval feast. Slow cooking is the only way to craft a proper stew with hearty and healthy ingredients. Once steeped in their natural juices, these meats and veggies will leave your household beyond stuffed and satisfied.
How to attain the riches you seek? Pat down your beef cubes, rub them with salt and pepper, roll them in flour, and arrange them in your crockpot. Sear to perfection. Once done, the decadence begins. Pour in the wine, peppers, potatoes, carrots, onions, bay leaves, celery, garlic, and thyme. Allow the slow cooker to simmer the stew to aromatic perfection. Once finished, garnish with parsley. Let the feasting commence!
- 1 pound lean chuck beef, cut into cubes
- 3 stalks celery, cut into slices
- 3 large carrots, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 medium potatoes of any variety, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted bell peppers
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 cups (1 quart) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup red wine, (optional vegetable or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat parsley, (optional for garnish)
Remove meat from fridge and allow to sit uncovered on countertop for 20 minutes, until it reaches room temperature. Pat cubes dry with clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Sprinkle all the salt and and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on all sides of the beef cubes. Spread flour out on a small plate and dredge the beef cubes in the flour, coating all sides. Shake off excess flour.
Place oil in bottom of a large pot over medium heat. Add some of the beef cubes. Do not crowd the pan, but brown the beef cubes in batches, for about 2 minutes per batch, just cooking the outsides. Beef does not need to be cooked through, just lightly browned.
Add beef and all other ingredients to slow cooker, along with juices from the pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
NOTE: Garnish with chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon grated carrot, if desired.Transform the way your body looks and feels with Garcinia Cambogia! Try this scientifically proven safe and effective for losing weight without exercise and diet! Garcinia Cambogia Extract, the fastest way to lose weight!