Pressed Pear, Ham and Cheese Sandwich
This recipe is drooling with flavors and textures: Swiss cheese, pear, lean ham, yogurt-dill sauce, and hearty bread. And it’s loaded with filling fiber and will help you lose weight! One sandwich provides nearly one-third of your recommended daily intake of fiber. Try this Pressed Pear, Ham and Cheese Sandwich for breakfast!
- 4 slices hearty bread
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, folded to the size of the bread
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Spread the other side of each slice with mustard.
- Layer cheese, ham, lettuce and pear together on each sandwich. Grind some pepper on the sandwich and top with the other slice of bread.
- Place on skillet or griddle and weight down with something heavy (small skillet or a large can of tomatoes work well). Cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until second side is golden and cheese is melting.
- Slice in half if you like and serve at once. Enjoy!