DIY Beauty Products: Coconut Oil Honey Hair Mask
Did you know that coconut oil can be used as a beauty product on your hair as well? This easy hair mask is natural and relatively inexpensive, and it makes a unique and thoughtful gift. You can make up a large batch of the hair mask, package it in jars from the dollar store, and give it out to all the beauty conscious on your Christmas list.
Each of the three ingredients in this homemade hair mask have excellent benefits for your (or your giftee’s) hair.
– Seals in hair moisture
– Contains antibacterial and antifungal properties (helps to control dandruff)
– Contains nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K and iron
– The high sugar content of honey acts as a humectant to maintain moisture content of hair
– Has anti-bacterial properties for a healthy scalp
– Can lighten hair over time
Apple Cider Vinegar
– As an acid, ACV balances the pH of your hair
– Removes buildup from styling products and inexpensive shampoos
– Closes the numerous cuticle scales of your hair leaving it shinier and smoother
2 parts coconut oil, melted
2 parts honey
1 part apple cider vinegar
Mix together and pour into a microwaveable jar. The hair mask will naturally separate in the jar, Re-melt and stir before each application.
If you would like to include a printable card with the hair mask, the image below is free for use. Just right click on the image below, and save them to your computer, then print as desired!
Love the post? Share it with your friends!Transform the way your body looks and feels with Garcinia Cambogia! Try this scientifically proven safe and effective for losing weight without exercise and diet! Garcinia Cambogia Extract, the fastest way to lose weight!