8 Tips for Healthier, More Attractive Hair – Reader’s Digest
Hair is the first thing people see when you walk into the room and it can say a lot about you. Keep your personal hygiene keen and give your hair the fresh, clean and healthy look it deserves without becoming a hair product junkie.
Follow these simple healthy hair tips and tricks:
- For soft, natural highlights, squeeze some lemon juice on your hair before heading into the sun.
- Bathe your hair in botanical oils. Olive, jojoba, and sweet almond oils are all wonderful elixirs for hair. If your hair is thick and heavy, coconut oil works wonders.
- Get dressed and put your makeup on before styling your hair. This way, your hair will be almost dry. Hair is most susceptible to damage when wet.
- To keep your hair bouncy and healthy, occasionally shampoo your roots only and then apply conditioner to just your ends. Then rinse.
- Use a gentle shampoo for oily hair.
- Make your own conditioner. Rub enough mayonnaise into your hair to coat it, wait up to an hour, and wash it out. You’ll be amazed at how soft and shiny your hair is, thanks to this great protein source.
- Transform ordinary shampoo into an herbal experience by mixing in a few drops of essential oils.
- Massage your scalp 1-3 times a day, around the same time you brush your hair.