12 Beauty Uses for Lemons
You know what to do if life gives you lemons… make DIY beauty and skincare products! Lemons are natural toners and cleansers, making them the go-to for everything from brightening your hair to banishing oily skin. So try these 12 easy beauty uses for lemons into your homemade beauty recipes!
- Lemon Peppermint Foot Scrub: Treat your feet with this exfoliating foot scrub that combines coarse sea salt, lemon peel, and cooling peppermint essential oil. It’s a foolproof way to prepare your feet for peeptoe pumps or cutout boots.
- Coconut Oil, Lemon, and Grapefruit: When was the last time you gave yourself a scalp treatment? Like, never? We’re in the same boat, so we’re dying to try this DIY that promises to moisturize dry skin and stimulate hair growth. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the mix to brighten those follicles.
- Rosemary and Lemon Foot Soak: This soothing foot soak is a must make for ladies who are on their feet all day long. Fill a shallow bowl with warm, rosemary and lemon-infused water, dump in a 1/2 cup of Epsom salt, and relax. Seriously. You deserve it!
- Homemade Honey and Lemon Face Mask: You can make your own blackhead busting version with just two ingredients: honey and, of course, lemons. Chill out for 15-30 minutes while your skin soaks up all the good stuff (antioxidants galore!).
- Lemon Hair Gel: If your hair throws a frizz fit on the regular, this DIY hair gel should be your go-to fix. This recipe is lazy girl-approved: dissolve a packet of gelatin in water, squeeze in some lemon juice, and you’re done!
- Lemon Sugar Scrub: This four ingredient wonder scrub packs a serious punch as far as DIY skincare goes. Olive oil and honey are natural moisturisers, finely ground sugar acts as a gentle exfoliant, and lemon juice lightens, tightens, and tones.
- Brightening and Tightening Face Mask: Lemon juice is the natural kryptonite for all of your skin related worst-case scenarios—dark spots, acne scars, and wrinkles—so adding the ingredient to a face mask is really a no-brainer. We love the addition of egg whites to this recipe—they help to tighten the skin and shrink pores.
- Brightening Coconut Sea Salt Spray: We’ve all probably gone rogue and squeezed lemon juice straight into our hair to bring out the blonde. There’s nothing wrong with that, but if you are looking to class up the process, this moisturizing spray is a step in that direction!
- Lemon Rosemary Lip Balm: Lemon and rosemary essential oils add an invigorating scent to this DIY lip balm. Invest in a pack of lip balm tubes to make your creation look super pro.
- Meyer Lemon and Thyme Salt Scrub: This salt scrub will forever be the secret to your super covetable glow. Meyer lemon, almond oil, and chopped thyme join forces to primp and polish fresh skin.
- Lemon Cream Body Butter: If you haven’t indulged in the joy that is rubbing your fine self in body butter, then you are missing out on the ultimate spa-away-from-spa experience. This ultra luxe lemon cream moisturizer will leave your skin feeling silky smooth.
- Easy Cuticle Cream: Did you know that lemon juice has the same brightening effect on your nails as it does on your hair? No joke, it whitens and strengthens your tips. Next time you groom your digits, add this lemony cuticle cream into the mix.