100 Ways to Burn Fat
Little changes will make a noticeable difference over time when you’re losing weight and taking charge of your health. We’re sharing 100 ways to burn fat fast to help you make those little changes that turn into big changes.
When seeking tips to burn fat fast, remember that the most important factor in long-term weight loss success is to keep moving forward. It takes time to change, especially if you’ve been mired in unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits for years. Be patient with yourself and be patient with your body—and the transformation you deserve will happen.
How to Burn Fat: Eating Tips
1. Avoid fad diets—many will deprive you of nutrients needed for healthy weight loss.
2. Start living a Clean-Eating Lifestyle.
3. Eat four to six small meals every day to boost metabolism.
4. Never skip meals.
5. Eat breakfast. Every day. Check out our Breakfast Yogurt Parfait To Go.
6. Eat from a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
7. Swap out sour cream for fat-free yogurt in your recipes.
8. Wait 20 minutes before going back for seconds to allow the body to signal the brain that it’s full.
9. Eat sitting at a table rather than on the couch.
10. What is a Portion Size? Learn today!
11. Measure out portions instead of eyeballing them.
12. Pre-pack healthy snacks for those on-the-go days. Find ideas in Healthy Snacks to Eat On the Go.
13. Reduce sugar intake, particularly refined sugar.
14. Add more fiber-wonderful beans to your diet.
15. Make Mondays meatless.
16. Choose antioxidant-rich dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate by preparing recipes like Chocolate-Covered Strawberries.
17. Maintain a food journal to keep tabs on what’s going into your body.
18. Choose salad dressings that offer nutrients rather than unhealthy fats and excess calories.
19. Snack on fruits and veggies before going to a party.
20. Heat up meals with spices like peppers, which contain capsaicin, a substance that temporarily boosts metabolism.
21. Consume lean protein to build fat-burning muscle tissue.
22. Up fiber intake to satisfy your appetite and avoid cravings for unhealthy snacks.
23. Get your vitamin D, a nutrient essential for building muscle.
24. Boost veggie consumption by eating vegetables with every meal.
25. Clear your kitchen and pantry of unhealthy foods, like chips and refined crackers.
26. Tuck snack foods away in drawers or cabinets instead of storing them on countertops.
27. Go heavy on veggie toppings when preparing sandwiches or pizza. Enjoy this Easy Breakfast Pizza Recipe.
28. Allow yourself to indulge in occasional desserts—stick to proper portion sizes and avoid refined sugar.
29. Plan meals to avoid caving to that “Ohmigosh, I have nothing for dinner tonight” takeout temptation.
30. Avoid unhealthy carbs, like pastries, white bread, and refined pasta. Try these recipes instead, 27 Low-Carb Versions Of Your Favorite Comfort Foods.
31. Swap out one or two lunches each week for healthy Smoothie Recipes.
32. Pack lunch the evening before to avoid the morning routine rush. This low-cal protein wrap is the perfect grab-and-go snack!
33. Wrap sandwich ingredients in lettuce or spinach, instead of using bread or rolls. Sink your teeth into Pork Sandwich.
34. Drink a glass of plain water before each meal.
35. Eat an apple every day. Apples contain pectin, a substance that helps you feel full longer.
36. Make No-Sugar-Added Desserts rather than eating store-bought treats.
37. Use sliced strawberries or bananas instead of jelly on PB&J.
38. Make open-faced sandwiches. Try this Chunky Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich.
39. Add whole grains or lean meat to salads to better satisfy the appetite.
40. Prepare tasty, healthy freeze-ahead meals, like these 5 Healthy Frozen Meals You Can Make in 15 Minutes or Less.
41. Eat until you’re 80% full instead of unbutton-the-pants full.
42. Chew each bite about 40 times — it helps control the hunger hormone ghrelin.
43. Put down the fork or spoon between each bite to slow the eating process, which gives the brain time to recognize you’re full.
44. Don’t fear eggs. Most people can safely eat one egg each day to benefit from its appetite-satisfying qualities. Brunch on Pressed Pear, Ham and Cheese Sandwich.
45. Don’t crash diet. Eating fewer than 1,200 calories per day puts the body into starvation mode—it will slow the metabolism to conserve calories and nutrients.
46. Skip store-bought juices to avoid excess calories and added sugar; reach for whole fruit instead.
47. Read food labels.
48. Every time you reach for food, ask yourself: Am I hungry? Or am I eating because I’m bored/stressed/anxious?
49. Eat Foods with High Water Content to help you feel fuller without consuming a lot of extra calories.
50. Go nuts for nuts, which offer healthy fats that help boost metabolism. Learn more in 4 Reasons We’re Nuts for Nuts.
51. Learn all the Names for Refined Sugar so you can watch for it on food labels.
52. Brush your teeth after every meal. The mint flavor cues the brain that meal time is over.
How to Burn Fat: Takeout and Restaurant Tips
53. Cut in half the number of times you eat at restaurants. If you’re dining out four times every week—cut it back to two.
54. Eat a small snack, like 10 whole almonds, before you leave for a restaurant.
55. Check menus online before leaving so you can scope out healthier options without feeling rushed.
56. Order the smallest portion of a menu item; if a sandwich is available in small and large, choose the small.
57. Avoid bread sticks or rolls—choose a salad instead.
58. Choose menu items that are grilled, roasted, baked, sautéed, or steamed.
59. Order water only with your meal instead of sugared or diet drinks.
60. Stick to proper portions, and take home whatever’s left.
61. Ask for salad dressings or sandwich condiments on the side to better control how much you’re eating.
62. Split dessert.
63. Trade high-calorie flavored coffee drinks for plain coffee sweetened naturally.
How to Burn Fat: Drink Tips
64. Consume more water. If you need a flavor twist, try Flavored Waters.
65. Carry a reusable water bottle so you can sip throughout the day.
66. Drink unsweetened tea or naturally-sweetened tea recipes.
67. Ditch all soda—diet pop included.
68. Save alcohol for special occasions because it’s full of empty calories.
How to Burn Fat: Exercise Tips
69. Find a workout buddy to boost your sweat motivation.
70. Change your exercise routine regularly to reinvigorate and challenge muscles. Try 7 Yoga Poses for All Day Energy
71. Jumpstart your day with a 5-Minute Morning Workout.
72. Invest in a pedometer or use a fitness tracker.
73. Make sure you have a well-rounded fitness plan that includes both cardio and strength training. Try this 10 minute workout!
74. Add weights or resistance bands to fitness routines to burn fat fast.
75. Feel the burn with 5-Minute Fat Blasters.
76. Got more time? Try 15 Toning Workouts in 15 Minutes or Fewer.
77. Set weekly workout goals to increase strength or endurance.
How to Burn Fat: Lifestyle Tips
78. Aim to take 10,000 steps per day.
79. Manage stress to reduce levels of cortisol, a hormone that can increase hunger and slow metabolism.
80. Take a filter-free before photo and post it on the fridge or bathroom mirror for motivation.
81. Create an inspiration board on Pinterest. Get started by visiting our Motivational Quotes board.
82. Use tech tools like the Best 7 Free Apps to Help You Lose Weight.
83. Don’t just sit there during commercials—move! Crank out a set of push-ups, sit-ups, or squats.
84. Learn to Organize Your Kitchen for Weight Loss.
85. Take the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator.
86. Park at the far end of the parking lot.
87. When possible, use a bathroom on a different floor to work in a few extra stairs.
88. Get the right amount of sleep for your body because proper sleep helps regulate hunger-related hormones and metabolism. Check out these Tips to Get Better Sleep.
89. Wind down before bed for relaxation.
90. Play with the kids at the park rather than sitting on the bench.
91. Instead of snacking while watching TV, find something else to keep your hands busy, like crochet or an adult coloring book.
92. Stand at a counter while doing tasks, like writing checks or cutting coupons, to maintain the enzyme activity that supports a healthy metabolism.
93. Switch to a standing desk at work.
94. Stretch at the office.
95. Walk to a colleague’s or manager’s desk instead of texting or emailing.
96. Set reminders on your phone or computer to get up and move or stretch at least once an hour when you’re working.
97. Make happy hour a healthy hour. Grab a co-worker and go for a walk instead of beer and wings.
98. Move during your morning routine. For example, do calf raises while brushing your teeth.
99. Don’t ditch healthy habits after you’ve reached weight or fitness goals! Make them part of your lifestyle permanently.
100. Motivate yourself with a rockin’ playlist, like 10 Soulful Songs for a Kick-Butt Workout.Transform the way your body looks and feels with Garcinia Cambogia! Try this scientifically proven safe and effective for losing weight without exercise and diet! Garcinia Cambogia Extract, the fastest way to lose weight!